Germany is one of the best automobile manufacturing countries in addition to Japan, Italy, France, the United Kingdom and the United States. There are many common names like Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, Opel, and Porsche. The history of German automobiles began in 1870 when Karl Benz and his colleague Nikolaus Otto set out to begin an experiment for automobile engines and vehicle design that is the origin of modern automobiles.
However, the German auto industry has experienced the period of decline when the “Great Depression” occurred in the late 1920s and early 1930s. And that was the saddest day in the history of the automotive world in Germany. . After the “Great Depression” ended, only a dozen German automakers survived. The Ford Cologne factory, Opel and Daimler Benz were the small group that survived, and so were Horch, Dampf Kraft Wagen, Audi and Wanderer.
To raise the standard of living of German citizens, the Nazi Party that was in charge at the time made a transportation policy in order for the Nazi Party to gain a good reputation from the German citizens who called Motorisierung. This policy got hold of the Volkswagen car company to make cheap and affordable cars for all social groups in Germany, but it did not reduce the quality of its vehicle.
Approximately six million new cars produced each year in Germany, while about 4.9 million vehicles produced each year by German brands abroad. In recent decades, Japanese automakers like Toyota, Nissan, and Mitsubishi have always been a strong competitor to German automakers. One of the reasons that Japanese cars are a strong competitor to German automakers is because the price is relatively cheaper than European or American brands.
If you are looking for quality and prestige but do not have the budget to buy a new one, buying used cars in Germany is the right option for you. There are many options for choosing used cars in Germany from various brands, such as Audi, BMW, and Mercedes Benz.
Here are the good options for buying used cars in Germany from the three most popular German automakers:
Being a pioneer in the modern automotive world, Mercedes-Benz is more famous product brand than other German automakers. For example, there are two Mercedes-Benz products that are affordable and of good quality:
- Mercedes Benz R-Class is an SUV with several concepts of combination between the luxury of a people carrier and an SUV. The R350 is powered by a 3500cc V6 engine, while the R500 series is powered by a 5000cc V8 engine. Mercedes Benz R-Class equipped with many features such as safety, multimedia and comfort.
- Mercedes Benz M-Class is one of the most wonderful and luxurious SUVs in the world. And it became the “Best New Sport Utility Vehicle” at the 2006 Canadian Car Awards. This car is powered by a 3.5 liter 3500cc front V6 engine with 92.9mm bore, compression ratio. 10.7mm, 86.0mm stroke, dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder and variable valve / camshaft timing. This car is also equipped with Blue Tec diesel technology and stability control.
Founded in 1916 with the name; Bavarian Engine Works (BMW). Throughout the years, BMW is well known as one of the best automobile and motorcycle manufacturers in the world. There are two BMW products that are affordable but of good quality:
- The BMW 125i Convertible is a mini sedan that has good speed and handling performance. It becomes the king of convertible mini sedans. This car powered by a 2996cc front V6 engine.
- The BMW X3 is a very good performing luxury compact SUV because this car uses four wheel drive (4WD) which allows it to be used on many different roads. Since 2006, BMW X3 used in Dakar Rally competition. This car powered by 3001cc V6 with biturbo diesel engine.
Audi is also known as one of the most reputable passenger car manufacturers. The four-ring logo symbolizes the merger of four automakers; DKW, the Audi, Horch and Wanderer. There are two Audi products that are affordable and also of good quality:
- Audi A4 is an innovative car for long-term use with a great design and engine. It is the winner of the “Golden Steering Wheel” award in 2008 as the best vehicle in its class. This car runs on 3196cc front-wheel drive V6.
- Audi TT is the car with an exciting appearance, both in design and interior. This car is powered by a 1999cc 4-cylinder engine and four-wheel drive (4WD). Perhaps this car is the best in Germany’s used car selection, because Audi TT has been awarded with many awards; Car of the Year 2006, Drive Car of the Year 2006, Coupe of the Year 2006, World Design Car of the Year 2007 and Autobild Most Beautiful Car 2007, as well as being a finalist for World Car of the Year.
However, regardless of the makes and models you choose, buying used cars in Germany will bring you pride and joy when driving used cars in Germany.