- Nortel VPN Client creates the secure connection for VPN users on a private network.
- Once you log in through iPass and receive the iPass screen, you are now authenticating through Nortel VPN and not iPass.
- If this is your first time connecting, or your PIN has been reset, you will only enter your username and token ID.
- The PIN field must be blank. If you have connected before, you will enter the username, PIN, and token id.
- Once you are ready to connect, click the Connect button. You may be asked if you want to save the connection if this is your first time connecting. (Please note that you must choose YES)
- If this is not the first time, or the PIN has not been reset, you will simply be connected at this point.
- Enter a 4-8 digit PIN in the response field. Once the pin is accepted, you will enter the PIN + Token ID on subsequent connections.
- Nortel VPN cannot resolve host IP address
- Are you at home or at the hotel? Click Start Run Type CMD in the field and press enter (or ok) At the DOS prompt type: ipconfig /release and press enter Now type: ipconfig /renew and press enter – confirm if the IP address changed
- Sign in to iPASS once again. Does this solve the problem?
if you are at home
- Is there another computer at home (personal PC) that is connected to the router? Power off the router/modem and power off the laptop (in an effort to release the IP address) and power the router/modem back on. Turn the laptop back on and sign in to iPASS once more. Does this solve the problem? Nope. has. Unplug the router and plug it into a separate outlet. b. Please try signing in to iPASS again.
If you are in a hotel
- Does a consent form need to be filled out for access? Yes Double click on Internet Explorer This will open the hotel web page (home page) Complete/submit consent page
- If you still cannot access iPASS, open a web browser page (click the blue E icon in the Internet browser), click Tools, Internet Options, Connection tab, Settings button, and remove the check mark from the proxy server to use a proxy server. This will disable proxy settings. Click OK until you get out of the Internet Options dialog. Try to log in to iPASS one more time.
- VPN error message Your token code is no longer valid
- Contivity VPN Client: Your token code is no longer valid. Enter the information for the new token code. You will receive this message if the token code changed just before you pressed Enter or Connect. On the far left of your token display window, you will see a column of several small horizontal bars. The longer the token code is displayed, the fewer bars you will see. Immediately after you change the code, you will see six bars. When you see only one bar, wait a few seconds for the code to change before entering it at the prompt on your screen.
- Do you need a Qiuck solution, tool, tip or tip? Your VPN Doctor has the Cure!