Current Miami Dolphins fans, come on, you know you’re out there, they may know quite a bit about their favorite NFL team. But this knowledge may be limited to recent years, such as the Dolphins’ 2006 season record or which player they picked as their first draft pick. How much do you know about the history of dolphins? Take our test to find out.
1. The first owner of the Miami Dolphins is widely known to be Joseph Robbie. But, he originally bought the franchise with a famous actor as a partner. Who was the actor?
For. Marlon brando
B. Burt reynolds
vs. Danny Thomas
D. Haley Joel Osment
2. When the Dolphins began playing in 1966, what was their original stadium?
For. The orange bowl
B. Raymond James Stadium
vs. Tropicana Field
D. Lambeau field
3. What was the record for the Dolphins in their first season?
D. They tied all games
4. When Don Shula became head coach of the Miami Dolphins, who did he replace?
For. Tom landry
B. George Wilson
vs. Jimmy johnson
D. Joe Torre
5. When the Dolphins hired Don Shula as their coach, which team accused Miami of manipulation?
For. The Indianapolis Colts
B. The Baltimore Colts
vs. The New York Jets
D. The jaguars of Jacksonville
6. The early 1970s were the height of the Dolphin’s success. During this time, they became the first NFL team to do what?
For. Win three consecutive Super Bowls
B. Get to three consecutive Super Bowls
vs. Win consecutive Super Bowls
D. Win a Super Bowl
7. The 1971 AFC divisional playoff game between the Dolphins and the Kansas City Chiefs set a record like what?
For. The NFL game with the most field goals
B. Most unequal game in the NFL
vs. Longest game in the NFL
D. The day the most hot dogs were consumed
8. What was the nickname of the 1972 Dolphin defense?
For. The nameless defense
B. The steel curtain
D. The great unity
9. During the 1973 season, did the Miami Dolphins repeat as Super Bowl champions by beating which team?
For. The Green Bay Packers
B. The Chicago Bears
vs. Minnesota Vikings
D. The Carolina Panthers
10. The AFC Divisional Playoff game played on December 21, 1974 between the Dolphins and the Oakland Raiders went down in American football folklore. What?
For. The game of the sea of hands
B. The ice bowl
D. It had no name; this is a trick question
Answers: 1. c. Danny Thomas; 2. a. The Orange Bowl; 3. a. 3-11; 4.b. George Wilson; 5. b. The Baltimore Colts; 6.b. Get to three consecutive Super Bowls; 7. c. The longest game in the NFL; 8. a. The Nameless Defense; 9. c. The Minnesota Vikings; 10 a. The game of the sea of hands.
See how it went:
9-10 correct: You are a true fan of Miami. You can swim with the dolphins at any time. Two fins up!
6-8 correct: You may not have received a perfect score, but you still know quite a bit about the only team that has had a perfect season.
3-5 correct: You didn’t do very well, but you didn’t do horrible. One ends, but not two.
Less than three: Maybe you’re better as a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.