Many homeowners take advantage of kitchen remodeling to increase the value of their home and the pool of buyers.
Kitchen remodels often sell a home faster and at a higher price thanks to kitchen upgrades.
Homeowners looking to sell their home in the short term may first want to update their kitchen. It is typically a 100% return remodeling project, which helps increase the pool of interested homebuyers and generally competes better in a tight housing market. Kitchen remodeling projects do not have to cost a large investment. With smart planning, homeowners can earn a $2-3 return on every $1 invested. That means remodeling a kitchen can actually make money. Not all home remodeling investments have the same high return; however, kitchen remodels are one of the best places to start.
Flipping the TV over quickly shows the many options for today’s hot cooking shows. Homeowners are in love with the idea of being culinary masters like never before. Where budgets and location allow high-end kitchen investments, upgrading to professional-style kitchens can capitalize on the kitchen craze. Investments in small and medium sized kitchens are almost certainly paying off. Expensive kitchen remodels can also lead to a higher number of potential buyers and attractive returns when homes are sold, if the right home designer and updates were done and marketed well.
Homeowners can create a whole new look with an updated kitchen makeover, transforming the room from closed to vibrant, functional and welcoming:
* Add a custom island. Granite and quartz countertops are a favorite of home chefs. Create a suitable workspace and surfaces that are attractive, durable and popular.
* Install a backsplash using natural stone
* Adding fun storage expands your kitchen and makes it much more useful
* Use a fun new painting technique in your closet. New paint says “fresh and clean” in an instant, and it’s one of the most cost-effective upgrades. Hiring a professional can make all the difference when cutting edges and gaining a “worn” life. To sell faster, consider a neutral color like light tan – think coffee and cream.
* Change your cabinets. Add a glass front to showcase your favorite dishes. Try putting a thin veneer on the top of the cabinet, replacing the doors and adding new hardware for a sleek, finished look.
* Install a new kitchen sink with a fancy faucet head. Sleek stainless steel resists scratches and is easy to maintain.
* Kitchen appliances upgraded to later models with energy saving features
* Wood or laminate floors
The time period an owner must plan for the project will be determined by:
1) the extension of the project
2) have the correct materials ordered and available on time
3) The availability of your remodelers: It’s good to schedule your project with the flexibility to fit into your contractor’s schedule.
A kitchen remodel should reflect the style of the house. Be sure to hire a professional home designer when trying to go “modern” in a traditional or historic home. Homeowners can successfully increase home value when there is excellent flow, they are comfortable, functional and maximize available space in a stylish way.
With a home designer, whether paid just for their design expertise or to do the entire job, money will be well spent and homeowners will save money in the end.
Today, the kitchen can be used for many facets of home life. Such as: a family gathering place, a meal planning area, a computer base for projects, and a central entertainment stage while entertaining friends and family.